Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tamarind Tuesday

Hi all

I have been a bit disorganised, and I have no idea who's coming to the Tamarind tomorrow night.

It's a bit late notice so I made a block booking for 15 people at about 20:30. However, I get the impression they'd be happy to accommodate a few more. So let me know who's keen to attend, and maybe I can expand / cut down the amount of people?

Is a finishing time of 20:30 achievable, runslist fairies?

It's my farewell ride, but I'll still be around, and if I'm not swamped with last minute packing issues, I'm hoping to make Thetford Thursday, so if you can't make tomorrow night, maybe I'll see you Thursday night.

Cheers!
Riaan

Re: Tamarind Tuesday

I'd love a curry but unfortunately will have to make do with burgers all week as I'm in the US. Have a good curry, bon chance for SA. It's been great riding with you over the years (when you've been out). Hope you make it back again sometime

Tony

Yup, I'm in ta.

Yup, I'll be there Riaan.

Richard

Will try to get there for a drink and to say adios.

Looking forward to being there

I'll be out

I should be there.

PT

Hi Riaan,
I should be there too, all being well :)

Cheers
GN

Are we meeting at 7.30 as usual and then more or less taking a slightly roundabout route to the Tamarind then to arrive around 8.30?

I'm sure that's the plan Rick, yes.

Richard

Hope to make it to Teversham but not ride.