Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday 20th

After much talk about Thursdays ride...

What are we doing Tuesday? Are we still doing a train? Or should we go from brookside?

Given the gorgeous weather and long daylight I'm quite wanting a long ride and a late opening pub.

Re: Tuesday 20th

Andy

My intention is to go to Elsenham on the 18:51(18:56 at Shelford) and ride back to the Green Man at
Thriplow.

Anyone else up for it?

Paul

Hi. I would like to join you guys if thats poss. So we all catch this train and disembark at Elsingham ?

Hi Quintin, you are more than welcome to join us. The aim is to get the 18:51 and assemble in Elsenham at 19:21 for the ride back. I will catch the train in Shelford.
See you later
Paul

Looks like we have a commitment clash at home...

I might ride to the pub in Thriplow and meet you, but I might not. Enjoy the ride anyway !