Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thursday?!?

I plan to do the Cornfields. Its on 3rd Sept. Starts and finishes at Wimpole Hall.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/160451/Tour-of-the-Cornfields-2017

Duncan
Are we away ????
Are we riding more yokel?

As there's no posting of a car assisted rendezvous, I assume we are having a local ride tonight?

If so, do we have any suggestions for a venue? I for one am keen to try out the Barton Hoops - not been in there under the current management.

Lets see what lunchtime browsing brings......

I don't think I will be able to make it out tonight, hoping to get back out next Thurs.

The Dog & Duck in Therfield was a great car assist ride last summer :)

Happy to go to the Hoops. Almost every week is car assisted for me anyway....

I expect to be joining you. Is Barton Hoops a definite? I might drop the car there and ride back to the start

Re: Barton Hoops

Hi Simon,

Yes lets make it definitely the Hoops Barton. Pasty looks to be OK with this and there are no other takers so far

out on the road again tonight, but aiming to be at the pub when you are so i'm happy with the hoops at Barton.

Not tonight school play takes precedence apparently. Luckily I was out with the Cherry Hinton splinter group yesterday.

Hopefully out next Tuesday for a ride that may or may not be on the runs list!