Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Planning Rides

Hi. We are a mixed ability group of six MTB's from Huddersfield who are coming to Cambridge 22-24 Sept for our annual trip and staying at Churchill College. We are trying to plan 3 circular rides from Cambridge and are looking for where to source ideas from for the rides. We could do up to 40 miles on Fri and Sun and up to 60 miles on Sat. We Can you suggest any places/sources we could access/use please? Any help would be much appreciated. Mark

Re: Help Planning Rides

Hi Mark,
If it helps I can email you some GPX's on the the condition you don't Strava/post them to the whole world/ or give them to people who will do this!?!

I'm fairly certain Adrian's Fenduro is running on Saturday 23rd, so you guys could plan that in if it suits!

Interesting....Fenduro is almost full but if there was a strong interest from our northern amigos I reckon the limit could be lifted a bit..given geordie Nige has wimped out and Rich can't make it we are lacking some northern rep.

Are you in Pete? think I added you to the latest email round.

@Mark - head to www.fenduro.com. If interested let me know

FC

Fenduro Chief
Interesting....Fenduro is almost full but if there was a strong interest from our northern amigos I reckon the limit could be lifted a bit..given geordie Nige has wimped out and Rich can't make it we are lacking some northern rep.

Are you in Pete? think I added you to the latest email round.

@Mark - head to www.fenduro.com. If interested let me know

FC

No email received yet Adrian but am still interested in riding it. What do I need to do to enter it ? (Have not been on the website yet)

Scaramanga!

@Pete,

Have forwarded the sign up email to you - a few spaces remaining. wonderful

Still no (sign-up) email received! And I have checked spam folders. May I suggest you forward it to Richard Sloan? He has our email addresses and am sure he'd be willing to send it on to me. Thanks
Pete

Hi Duncan,

That would be great thanks - I certainly will not pass them on to anyone else or publicise them.

Thanks in anticipation,

Mark

Hi Fenduro Chief (& Pete T),

Thanks for this kind suggestion/offer but it's probably a bit much for some of our guys.

Hope it goes well.

Best wishes,

Mark

Hi mark,
have sent various route..eeee toutes!