Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's CHHRRRISSSTMASSSS!!

Ho ho ho.

A few of us have spoken about the Christmas dinner recently and in order to accommodate as many of us as possible in a suitable venue I'd like to suggest making a start on organising things. I want to avoid inadvertently pissing some people off with changes of day etc so I suggest pissing everyone off by having the dinner on a Friday. That way hangovers are not a significant problem for most unless you have small children or are planning to do a Parkrun at silly o'clock the next day.

Since Richard is buggering off, once he's finished lying on his back, I don't mind taking the organising on. I'm not good at democracy but by opening suggestion is Friday 8th December.

Any takers or alternative views?

Re: It's CHHRRRISSSTMASSSS!!

Works for me.

Good for me too, thanks Tony

Yup, me too - just added it to my calendar.

Tom

Ja! This works for me too. Thanks for stepping up and organizing Tony, I suspected it might not happen!

Sorry I can't make it as I will be in Hong Kong!

OK for me

Yah me two

8th Dec. Perfect.

count me in.

first of 2 for me that weekend, and this one is the better one, count me in

Aye fuck it why not eh

Go on then...

MT

Thanks for organising it.

Count me in for the 8th

TomR

Sorry Tony,
Cannot make the 8th as will by driving home for (an early) Christmas! Will be my first miss in 9 yrs :(