Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAMMTB Awards - nominations, please

Hi All,

Since my erstwhile partners in crime (Dominic, Paul and Paul) are not attending the Xmas dinner this year, I will be compiling the awards.

We had some great ideas in the pub last night but I would like to open this up to everybody to nominate in whichever category you choose or make up. No guarantee that I can accommodate all suggestions but I will give it a go.

Please, therefore, can you send me your suggestions in the following format:-

Category
Nominee
A brief story to remind us why they need nominating in this category (something I can use on the night)
Any evidence - photo's, video, x-rays - that could be used on a PowerPoint
A possible runner up for the same category, same format as above.

Please email them to me at tandklee at ntlworld dot com

I will post last year's categories when I get home as I forgotten to bring them to work.

Best regards

TOM

Re: CAMMTB Awards - nominations, please

Last chance to send me your nominations!

You can send me them all the way up to Thursday night.

PT

Re: CAMMTB Awards - nominations, please

Come to think of it, I still need nominations for:-

Both Pete’s
Alison
Tom R
Brad
Mark T

The rest of you have been well catered for.

The Midnight Rambler himself is no longer coming, but I will award a prize for choosing the best Midnight Ramble of the year.

PT