Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hoops tonight

Anyone fancy a root a toot toot to the Hoops?

Re: Hoops tonight

I'm new, so I don't know what that means, exactly, but I was planning to meet up at Japas for a ride, and it doesn't matter to me where we wind up.

Sounds good! Ground conditions are a tad muddy at the moment so bring good lights and mud clearance!

I will be riding tonight
TomR

Me too, albeit still flu-ish.

PT

Is that a def Pastey? If so I'll bring Hamish, Dougal and the Laird oooot

I’m not gonna make it. Not feeling well. Next time!

That's a pity.
Now then Marcel, you'll need to read some of pasteys older posts "unable to make it out now because" excuses and that way you'll see the very high level of excuse required between an A.M. post and a late afternoon excuse. Norm offers a more basic excuse (two grunts and a black and white picture of a large group of people sitting around a table in a Korean restaurant) but is vaguely believable. The Tony, just a plain "driving down a farm track in Europe" is very believable but, due to recent company restrictions using this excuse is treading on very thin ice and may incuur a "bollocks are you" The Eco is a non post followed by another non post that way no one will ever know he bottled it & also is very good at showing no masculin weakness in any way what so ever. The Fenton, A non post followed by a show, this way he will Psyc out any one riding home to Cherry Hinton at the beginning of the ride rather than leaving it for later. Dr Paul, "Not out, I'm ill", completly believable seeing as he is always in a hospital or flying. Me, I prefer to blame my wife or son (his migraines are a great "get out anything card"), this is VERY believable all the time and shows absolutely no weakness at all.
Hope to see you out soon.

I’m saying nothing other than I wouldn’t want to ride with Duncan

Apologies for missing last night. I was waylaid by a storm in Germany!

i also appologise for missing last night.
i'm still recovering from a slipped disk and in constant discomfort, but may attempt to be out next week if i can walk.
now that's an excuse and implies if i do make it out all you fit healthy people are a bunch of softie sotherners ;)