Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Runs List - Next few weeks

Hi All,

As trailed by Paul, the new runs list is upon us. And here are the next few week's worth. I will put the rest up on the website soon:-

Tuesday Pub Stop Thursday Pub Stop
06/11/2018 08/11/2018 The Green Man, Grantchester
13/11/2018 The White Swan, Quy 15/11/2018 The Carpenter's Arms, Wilbraham
20/11/2018 The Hare and Hounds, Harlton 22/11/2018 The Plough and Fleece, Horningsea
27/11/2018 The Three Horseshoes, Stapleford 29/11/2018 The Queens Head, Newton
04/12/2018 The Hoops, Barton 06/12/2018 Xmas Party, The Green Man, Grantchester
11/12/2018 The Lord Byron, Trumpington 13/12/2018 The Six Bells, Fulbourn
18/12/2018 The Royal Oak, Barrington 20/12/2018 The Blue Ball, Grantchester
25/12/2018 The Green Man, Grantchester 27/12/2018 The Lord Byron, Trumpington

Best,

PT

Re: New Runs List - Next few weeks

Plough and fleece on 22nd! Lovely stuff, muchos gracias fidel pastro

Re: New Runs List - Next weeks

Ok, it seems the 20/12/18 is the one to be at, discuss, feel at ease, reconise the history of what once woz.......... CTC off road cambridge. This year we lost a ....well not sure really this year we lost...for me the man who helped, supported and showed me what could be achievehed locally. ....more improtantly Jacob died on May 1st. A Gp as Tom can tell, a little offish initally, but once you you knew him... well top man, carried Terry hallams thoughts with out the smoothness. I would really like to pay tribute to a Gibraltarion Jew who helped me to understand what there was ....on our doorsteps, its almost.. Jacob, Terry you have left us, is it ok to carry on your love of off road cycling . thankyou.
Makes me feel even though we do our thing it is no gaurentee off real life. Could we please raise a glass to Terry and Jacob.
Thankyou

Re: New Runs List - Next few weeks

Rest of the runs list is now up.