Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cycling for the King - to Horningsea

As a loyal subject, with good(ish) teeth I feel compelled to ride to Horningsea this evening, for His Majesty.

Will anyone accompany me and my patriotic trumpeting?

Re: Cycling for the King - to Horningsea

I will also be out - a local ride for which I am in the country for!! I will be slow though, I am unfit. What is all this king nonsense about Tony?

I don't get this king nonsense, but I'll be out.

Adriano, I refer you to the picture at the top of the page. It is no longer your darts game.

I've applied Nobby Nics to my wheels, just now in the freezing cold, so currently intend to join you later to get even more freezing cold!

Any pro tips for staying warm? How many layers/hats are ideal?

J

Not out tonight. Mainly due to the thought of Tony’s trumpeting........but actually because I’m still at lunch in dulwich.

Hi Joe - I usually only wear 2 layers in winter but I don't feel the cold as much as some. I recommend bringing several thin layers rather than thick ones, you can adjust numbers up and down as necessary. It always feels colder leaving the pub than arriving, so an extra layer there is useful.

Not tonight as I’m doing a Tony and am in foreign parts

I shall be out, whether or not Tony is trumpeting. I'll just sit way back and hold my breath.

In terms of clothing, I will be mostly wearing a Dacron thermal top under a nice, warm Endura jacket (MT500?), bib shorts and warm longs.

PT

If there was a style award pastry you would certainly NOT win, that look is so last season...As per Jesse's fashion tips, I will be wearing a thong.

Sorry....that's PASTEY...no think food just mmmmmmmmmtry

up the eiger?
Polishing a peach.....?

etc etc