Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thetford or Local?

Ok, in time honoured fashion i’ve Only just seen the venue for tonight is Thetford, and I’m just not organised enough to make it there in time.

So, is it BCP tonight or is anyone else planning to ride local to Cambridge?

Re: Thetford or Local?

Hi Pat definitely Thetford for me tonight Ali is joining me and I think thir Fentonator is coming to

Hi Pat,

I think I will go for Thetford if only because I need to be punished. 😊

I could pick you up on the way???

PT

I'm planning to go to Thetford - what time is kick off?

You could get a lift with me as I'm closer than Pasty.

thanks for the offer of a lift guys, but i will give it a miss thanks.

when i say i'm not organised, i mean i'm NOT organised at all!!

i still need to check the dropper post that drops but won't rise on the Scott.
The draggy drivetrain on the Trek, and that is just to have a working bike for tonight.

Then there is packing the bag, trying to use the bathroom to get changed while a small 8 Year old child has perfected bedtime routine Faffing to an Olympic standard (eat your heart out Dom, you have NOTHING on Connor), and if time allows getting something to eat before setting off.

all that in about 45mins from getting home from work if the traffic is cooperating.

on the plus side, I did get to do some work on the rear breaks of my Scott, they may now stop me without all that screaming and juddering....... or not, i havent had time to test it yet.

Orwell on my own it is then ;)

Hope to be at Thetford this evening

Yes planning to ride, aside we meet at BCP- what time?

8 pm, please.

Bloody Road closures. They also shut the Worlingham to Freckenham Road which was on the route that Google Maps sent me. Had to go back to Mildenhall, up to Littleport, Ely, Sutton, home.