Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday night mystery pub stop

So your guess is as good as mine.
Anyone else out for a scooby doo ride?

Re: Thursday night mystery pub stop

Hope to be riding but depends on work :-(

Normal service will be resumed next week with a sparkly new runs list, I was thinking the three horseshoes in Stapleford might be nice tonight?

Three Horsehoes Stapleford fine for me, so assume I am out. Not looked at weather yet, but glad I kept my mud tyres on.

three horseshoes sounds good to me.

tyre choice will depend on the bike i select for the ride and that will depend on so manty things including if there is a puncture when i get home.

so, i might be out on the dirty bike or the very dirty bike, who knows.

on a side note, and i know in setting my self up here for flack from the grammer, spelling and punctuation pedants but...... Pete, what are Horsehoes? are they like lederhosen for farm animals?

Pat, I think I've just invented something! A Horse Hoe. Or maybe not, because a horse drawn hoe is possible. Well spotted anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Bloody hell, Pat, it's grammar, not grammer or grandma for that matter. And your capitalisation needs a lot of work too. Please report to my study after bible class for a well deserved caning. :nerd_face:

I will be out tonight, on something with grippier-than-summer tyres.

PT

Re: Thursday night mystery pub stop👍

Count Me In

TomR

Should be there on time, finishing not to far from home

Stuart

Still at work so not going to make it.

See you next week

Sorry you couldn't make it Paul. It was a good night with eight of us out, with two newbies Alex and Fred. - 38 miles for me so just short of the epic threshold..

Thanks guys, that was great fun! Will definitely be joining on occasional Thursday (not the next two though).