Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fenduro Gran Fendo September 28. Save the date! (if you have nothing better to do!)

Hello Fenland friends!

I hope all is well! I have not abandoned you I am just working really hard to solve this climate crisis we find ourselves in! This mainly involves flying around the world and not having a personal life....but I am doing it for YOU!

Anyhow! I will be running a Fenduro this year on September 28. It will be more of a granfendo to appeal to the gravelista #ontrend. So! what you will get is a 75 mile group ride taking in some of the fenlands most renowned gravel tracks and most splendid pubs. There may be a "bail out" option at half way for those opposed to the absurd distance. Whilst #gravel bikes would be the weapon of choice, and MTB or rally shopper would be just as practical.

More info to come via the fenduromtb email account soon.

#Fenthusiasm!

Re: Fenduro Gran Fendo September 28. Save the date! (if you have nothing better to do!)

What's Gravel? Can it cause a rash?

Re: Fenduro Gran Fendo September 28. Save the date! (if you have nothing better to do!)

Gravel is the new tennis. I have to change the date actually to October 19.

Wonderful

Hello Fenland Friends,

Those of you on the Fenduro mailing list should have received sign up emails for Granfendo. I know I have let you down in the past with good weather at all of my events (except the Turnip&Ride - that was terrible!). However, this year the ride is a little later in autumn and I am really hopeful that the event will be as miserable and bleak as I advertise. Fingers crossed!

Shifting it to October 19th should make more miserable weather likely.

Rats - that's 1/2 term and we'll off to Harris...

Hello folks - postponing granfendo. Too high risk dragging the uninitiated into the deepfen at this time of year. Its pretty damp out there