Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting back on the bike!

Hi All!

I'm looking to get back into the scene after 4 years of not riding after a major injury (2 years recovering and 2 years being fat and lazy). I'm in the cambourne area looking for any interesting XC/Singletrack to start building fitness back up and some riding buddy's for weekends. Happy to drive to surrounding areas as well to meet up. I will join the longer midweek rides once I'm capable of riding 20 miles without slowing a group down, but probably need to ease back into it just a little!

I used to ride a lot of DJ,All mountain & DH but have tamed my bike collection down to a long travel hardtail so nothing too bonkers.

Also as a side question, what is a good shop in cambridgeshire for mountain bikes? Specifically a shop that will service some rockshox pikes, and has tools to service/order & replace a Hope bottom bracket? I also need some brake hoses shortened in the near future etc

Many thanks for reading and looking forward to seeing you on the trails

Mike
07539 077 304