Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Socially Distant Riding - 11th June

Same again ?

Or may I make a suggestion - given that we're convening in the skinny arms for some Apres Chute, that:

- We don't take beer out on the ride, as this delays when we get back home/to the skinny
- We delay the start of the Skinny until 10pm, as those out distant riding socially won't get there until then and others are left around waiting. (of course, those not riding are free to tell me to frack off)

Routewise, i've not been down the Roman Road since the start of all this viral lark.

Norman

Re: Socially Distant Riding - 11th June

So, I’m thinking of joining you on a socially distant ride tonight.

Is it the normal start point and time or somewhere else?

We've been meeting in your garden, Pat, didn't you notice? :grinning:

More seriously, it's the normal place and time - 7:30 at Brookside.

@Norman, while the beer stop does delay things a little, it's so worth it. :smile:

PT

Plan to join you and will bring a beer.

Fair enough on the beer front - I'm outvoted

Usual place it is then !

That explains all the holes.
And there I was blaming the squirrels.

See you later

I'll be along with my tinnies. Does that make us 5 now? room for one more :grinning:

not for me tonight although I may see you lurking round Tony's Skinny Arms later on
Richard