Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hoops Barton on Thursday

Looks like it should be open and has a reasonable beer garden if the weather is set fair.

Re: Hoops Barton on Thursday

Sounds good (and local) to me !

The school thing that I thought was on last week, is really on this week, it's supposedly 6-8, so might have to meet you somewhere (the pub, perhaps?) but it's reasonable that I might be able to get out of thing earlier, depending on whether it's a bunch of waffle, of course. I'll have to let you know on the WhatsApp group.

I would be up for the Hoops. I assume the new regulations come on Thursday morning. Therefore, once on the premises we will need to wear face coverings until we sit down, either inside or out. Inside might be better given the likely weather and greater potential to order ale from a seated position. Suggest we get there for 21:00 as they will close by law at 22:00. Unless I'm mistaken, its all looking a bit bleak.

Hi All,

I'm aiming to be out - I agree with Pete T regarding getting there for around 9 pm and a solid hour's refreshments.

Don't forget your face coverings or you'll scare the kids.

PT

Re: Hoops Barton on Thursday👍 How about 7.00 pm start for 9.00 pm arrival?

Count me in.
Can people do a 7.00 pm start for a 9.00 pm arrival?

If not this week, perhaps for future rides under partial lockdown
TomR

Plan is good. I'll join in if I can fix the bike. New wheel has not arrived so I will investigate the bearings of the existing one.

It turns out that the school thing is a promise to send me an email with a link to a presentation that tells me about 5 mins on engagement I might possibly be able to have on Oct 8th (also a Thursday, but in the afternoon). So, it's a lot of crap. I'll be there as usual - 7:30.