Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WEDNESDAY RIDE THIS WEEK

If it’s Coton again I will aim to get to the pub for 9.00ish.

I also hope to build up to a reasonable ride of an evening. Managed 10 miles the other day (on tarmac)

Yes for Corli and me.

And it’s a no from me! Unfortunately I have a previously arranged dinner at the Eltisley. Weather should be good, so hope you get a good ride.

Yes. I'll be there but have virtual parents evening @ 6:45, so can't get into town by 7pm.

I can meet you en route, if we arrange a location. Westwards would be a good direction :-)

yep, i'm up for a ride this week.
see you at the start at 7pm.

Sorry guys,
would love to get that last beer ride in but also have a prior engagement at a different pub, have fun!

I am assuming that from next week we will be like Noah's Ark in two by two :)

Cheers
Geordynige

Looks like a lovely evening. I'm planning to be out if I can

I'm coming too.
With extra clothes for the pub: 5° forecast for 9pm

Tom, have you planned a route? - see Norman's post

Still working😢
Have fun!

Ramdomly, i've got some bit of crap in my eye - been there since first thing this morning. The GP is sending me to A+E, so off I go. I fully exepct to meet you in the pub later, but i'm somewhat doubtful for the start ! Keep looking at whatsapp !

My phone has died. RIP. No return, so no WhatsApp.

I will take my work phone along tonight.

Norman, my route is out to Wandlebury, Shelford, Hauxton Roman Hill, Coton.

Tom

Have a good ride Chaps. Maybe if Tony makes it, can the re-opening of the Skinny Arms be discussed? Just hoping....