Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Out and about again?

Hi folks - now that freedom beckons are we on for meeting at Brookside for 'groups of 6' rides at the usual time?

I'm most certainly up for it even without the pub.

Re: Out and about again?

Yes, absolutely... Short rides to start witb😳
Sounds great.

Indeed, pub based runs list to follow from April 12th

Anyone fancy a very easy opener this Tuesday>?

Hi people of Cammtb,

I am Sylvio and am fairly new to mountain biking.
I have done more road cycling but fancied some variety over lockdown, so equipped myself with a GT aggressor and joined one of your newer members (Fabrizio) to discover trails around Cambridge.

I must say that I am really enjoying it and would like to join you on Thursday if you resume your outings.

Looking forward to meet you,
Sylvio.

Hi,

Is there a ride happening tonight(8th of April)?

>> meeting at Brookside for 'groups of 6' rides at the usual time?

What is the usual time? and Where is the meeting point?

Thanks,
Sylvio.

Sylvio, I'll join in for the ride today. 7:30 by Japas restaurant.

Cheers

I aim to be riding tonight