Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Runs list through to May

Dear all

OK, here is the Runs List to see us through until the next scheduled easing of restrictions in May when hopefully we will be able to migrate inside and out of the cold.

Tuesday Destination Thursday Destination
15/04/2021 The Six Bells, Fulbourn
20/04/2021 The Hare and Hounds, Harlton 22/04/2021 The Three Horseshoes, Stapleford
27/04/2021 The Plough, Coton 29/04/2021 The Green Man, Trumpington
04/05/2021 The Green Man, Thriplow 06/05/2021 The Plough and Fleece, Horningsea
11/05/2021 The Red Lion, Grantchester 13/05/2021 The Hoops, Barton
18/05/2021 The Tickell Arms, Whittlesford 20/05/2021 The Hare and Hounds, Harlton

These pubs have been chosen because they have outside seating. There is no guarantee that they will be a) warm, b) open or c) if open able to accommodate us.

Caveat emptor!

I thought we could kick off by going to the Six Bells in Fulbourn because a) I'm putting the list together, b) I can't ride on Thursday due to other commitments and c) for some reason I fancy having a beer with everyone in the flesh rather than in pixel format.

RLF

Re: Runs list through to May

Apologies for the formatting hopefully Pasty can sort it out on the website.

Yup - all done and updated.

PT

Grand. I'll endeavour to get my creaking bones astride some wheels.

Merci Bien RLF