Cam MTB - the Cambridge Mountain Bikers' Forum

Click on the "return to website" button to see our new website with loads more details of who we are, where and when we ride and much more.

DISCLAIMER. MOUNTAIN BIKING CAN BE DANGEROUS. YOU JOIN US AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAFETY BRIEFING.

• Wear a helmet. Despite recent advances in medical science, brains still cannot be mended nor replaced.
  • Wear gloves or mitts. Hands often hit the ground first. Cuts and grazes invite infection and a hospital visit.
  • Wear eye protection, it only takes a twig or thorn to lose an eye. Crud catchers are a good idea in mucky weather.
  • When downhilling, for your own protection, allow plenty of space behind the rider in front.
  • Bring a bare minimum emergency tool kit and a spare inner tube.
  • Breakdowns are a bore. Plan not to have any by ensuring your bike is in perfect working order.
  • Punctures are also tedious. You can minimise them by fitting latex tubes, slime tubes or running tubeless tyres.

Photo: CAMMTB Winter 2022-23 rides have been posted up - please click on the Runs List link..

CAMMTB Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quy?

Who else is braving the humid conditions?

Re: Quy?

not today and I'll get my excuses in early for next week too. Injured today, abroad next week

Yes please

I'm in two minds... both are saying, 'no, absolutely not; conditions are filthy'.

If either of them changes their mind, I'll let you know...

Quy not, I'll be there.

Actually, looking at the three of us who are committed, could I suggest something else apart from Quy - It's a fooking long way back home for both Richard any myself, so would prefer a change to a Westerly route.

Of course, if Mark or another Easterner comes out then this raises the probability of us adhering to the prescribed route.

Managed to get myself stuck in Norway...so not tonight. When did they move Oslo??

It's moved ! I'm going there a week on Monday, nobody told me that it had moved ! Thank shiteatingrabbits you've warned me !

Thinking of giving it a miss as its 13 miles back from pub to my house. Now, if we could go back to the old days and arrive at the pub at 21:00 I'd be up for it. But I know what will probably happen and I'll get another Epic in. :weary: