Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Disasters

Hi Francis, sorry to hear about the restaurant roof... I had a similar thing happen at a fair on the wekend where the marquee almost got blown away ! I almost lost all my stock and was `saved` by lashing the marquee to my van. I was, like you faced with the loss of my livelihood.

One of the `benifits for me of visiting the Gambia is that I get `real` as I see the difficult conditions in which my friends and business partners live. Despite this they share their food and homes with me expecting nothing in return. Quite humbling really..

I hope The Dardeema is providing great food again very soon.

Chi Jaama, Inshallah

David

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I often got to thinking how awful it must be for Gambians if a disaster strikes, their market stall is destroyed by fire or theives stael their stock or the compound floods or lack of rain ruins the annual crop.

When the roof was blown off the restaurant in a feak wind and rain storm I got a better idea about how fragile peoples incomes are in Gambia. Fortunately our staff will start to earn an income again in a few days, securing their families, but disaster in Gambia usually ends up being disasterous for people whose lives are quite literally lived from hand to mouth.

Re: Disasters

Hi Francis hope Dardema is up and running very soon again! keep up the good works!

roger

Replying to:

I often got to thinking how awful it must be for Gambians if a disaster strikes, their market stall is destroyed by fire or theives stael their stock or the compound floods or lack of rain ruins the annual crop.

When the roof was blown off the restaurant in a feak wind and rain storm I got a better idea about how fragile peoples incomes are in Gambia. Fortunately our staff will start to earn an income again in a few days, securing their families, but disaster in Gambia usually ends up being disasterous for people whose lives are quite literally lived from hand to mouth.

Re: Disasters/Silverlining

Shortly after our September 11/12th disaster at the restaurant that took our old computer out as well as the roof. The company who supplies our software at the CLA rung me saying a new computer had been ordered for GTS and would be delivered shortly.

In Gambia they say "what goes around comes around" I can see little tangible advantage for Decisions Express, but hopefully they will benefit in some way.

Anyway a massive thank you to all the staff and directors of Barnet based Decisions.

Replying to: