Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Malerone

Thanks for the replies.

Have decided that my daughter will try Malarone and I will use Larium.

Can't wait for next Friday!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i have used lariam for 10 yrs with only the occasional weird dream as a side effect

i have never had malaria, despite being in gambia 13 times and bitten to buggery

it is £3 a tablet and much cheaper than malarone

Roche, who make them, claim only about one in 10.000 serious side effects in people with dementias, mental illnesses or neuroses etc

don't quote me on the exact figures

even if they are out by a factor of ten , that still means that 999 out of 1000 on lariam are without serious side effects

so, if you are safe on it, why spent 2 times as much on malarone ?

Replying to:

You can get Mefloquine (Lariam) for £25, you take it weekly. Lots of potential side-effects (as with many medicines) but I've never suffered from any of them. Theres another option for about the same price too, I can't remember the name though.

Replying to:

Have been advised by our nurse to take the anti malarial drug malerone and have just been told that the cost of this drug will be for 2 of us £108.Has anyone used this drug and if so what did they think.