Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: redair problems

The short answer Andrea, is that I do not know the legal answer.

I have been in constant contact with RedAir since the problems with their carrier Africa One, which became apparent on Friday 4th October. All GTS members who were booked with Redair have been given alternative flights with Sierra National Airways arriving in Banjul via Freetown Sierra Leone.

I am keeping in regular touch with Redair, who up to now have provided an excellent service to all GTS members and hopefully will continue to do so.

As you are not a GTS member I do not know your specific details, but Redair have been sorting out alternatives within 5 days of flying - slightly short notice, but as their own flight service may resume at any time, I suspect they do not want to make alternative arrangements further in advance.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Redair seem to be having some problems with their carrier AfricaOne - I had a flight booked with them later this month and I have been trying to get it rebooked, so far I am not sure if I have been successful. They do not appear to be ABTA or ATOL registered - does anyone know where the consumer stands on this? At the moment their web site says flights are suspended.