Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: membership

GTS greatly values its members and tries to help them in anyway possible to enjoy the Gambia and become involved with helping the local community. Core members like you and Paul who have an ongoing involvement with the people, do tend to rejoin each year or when they next visit.

You are of course quite right and when I have more time or more help we will certainly review this idea, maybe linking it with the newsletter that I initially intended to send TWICE a year.

GTS is somewhat overwhelmed with its success, we now provide full time jobs for around 20 Gambians and sponsor 50 children. We provide support to around 100 members a year. One of the consequences of this, is mail bag of around 30 emails a day, so at present I also don't really have the time to take up this excellent idea.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

If membership is yearly as stated on the website - what about e-mailing a reminder to members to renew their membership when it becomes due - with details of where to send the cheque?

I have just realisised it is more than a year since I paid!!

Dawn