Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gambian authors

Hi Delith can I recommend Ebrima `Ebou` Dibba MBE, a Gambian Author from Banjul. Both `Chaff on the wind` and `Fafa`written in the`80s convey a strong sense of period, the 1930`s with an awareness of African culture confroted with colonial reality. Ebou`s third short novel. Alhaji was setin contemporary Gambia of tourists and con-men... Unfortunately Ebou died in the Uk in 2000.

His books , along with other Gambian writing should be available at Timbooktoo in Kairaba Ave. Tel. 494345

Best wishes

David

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was just wondering if there are any well known Gambian authors. I have managed to find a few from Senegal but not from The Gambia - I would like to learn something of the country through its literature

Re: Re: Gambian authors

Thanks a lot for the replies. I have purchased the Gambia Guide, and, much to the despair of my family, mu first stop in Gambia will be a bookshop. Many thanks again!

Replying to:

Hi Delith can I recommend Ebrima `Ebou` Dibba MBE, a Gambian Author from Banjul. Both `Chaff on the wind` and `Fafa`written in the`80s convey a strong sense of period, the 1930`s with an awareness of African culture confroted with colonial reality. Ebou`s third short novel. Alhaji was setin contemporary Gambia of tourists and con-men... Unfortunately Ebou died in the Uk in 2000.

His books , along with other Gambian writing should be available at Timbooktoo in Kairaba Ave. Tel. 494345

Best wishes

David

Replying to:

I was just wondering if there are any well known Gambian authors. I have managed to find a few from Senegal but not from The Gambia - I would like to learn something of the country through its literature