Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: REDAIR

Have received a letter this week from Redair re an e-mail I sent to one of their directors Lyn Wilson, once again it was the usual that they were awaiting funds from the Gambian office.

Have also contacted my insurance company and surprise, surprise my policy doesn't cover this! Travelling with Sierra National Airlines was brilliant, just a shame it was at my expense.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was in contact with Redair a few days ago, having had to purchase a new ticket for my return flight from Gambia. The story is that they are auditing and that I should send receipts to the Crawley office who will send them to Gambia Head Office for a refund.

They have no details of when their passenger services may restart, I understand that all UK staff with Redair have now been released so they have no REDAIR staff at all here in the UK.

I always found Redair service in the UK to be excellent this was not true of the staff in Gambia who were very unhelpful, rude and unpleasant and very much took the attitude 'You toubabs got plenty of money - buy another ticket'

Poor ambassadors for their company and country and sad for the UK staff who lost their jobs and the dozens of tourists and charity workers who have lost £'s because of what appears to be financial mis-management - hopefully the auditors will discover by whom, but I personally have little faith that any money will be paid out if the financial controls are in Gambia.

I hope those fears based on bitter experience of business in Gambia are unfounded, but it will certainly be the exception if they are.

Replying to:

Hi everyone. Does anyone know what the situation is with Redair ? I was picking up my exports the other day in Crawley at Global house and the Redair office was closed saying all enquiries should be directed to their office in Kairaba Ave. Their office in The Gambia also turned out to be shut and looked deserted. Have they gone into liqidation ? It`s a pity if they have as I really thought that they may be in with a chance of breaking the `strangle-hold` that the main carriers seem to have. Francis do you know any thing new on this issue apart from what is on the `news` area of your site ?

Chi jaama

David

Re: Re: Re: REDAIR

I agree about Sierra National -redair got me a flight out to the gambia with them in early November - Brilliant the best service I have had from any of the operators, all looked just like Monarch, even the uniforms BUT much better.

For my return flight Gambia experience were £60 cheaper at £255 than any of the others including Sierra National - i think the GE cost has increased now to £260

Replying to:

Have received a letter this week from Redair re an e-mail I sent to one of their directors Lyn Wilson, once again it was the usual that they were awaiting funds from the Gambian office.

Have also contacted my insurance company and surprise, surprise my policy doesn't cover this! Travelling with Sierra National Airlines was brilliant, just a shame it was at my expense.

Replying to:

I was in contact with Redair a few days ago, having had to purchase a new ticket for my return flight from Gambia. The story is that they are auditing and that I should send receipts to the Crawley office who will send them to Gambia Head Office for a refund.

They have no details of when their passenger services may restart, I understand that all UK staff with Redair have now been released so they have no REDAIR staff at all here in the UK.

I always found Redair service in the UK to be excellent this was not true of the staff in Gambia who were very unhelpful, rude and unpleasant and very much took the attitude 'You toubabs got plenty of money - buy another ticket'

Poor ambassadors for their company and country and sad for the UK staff who lost their jobs and the dozens of tourists and charity workers who have lost £'s because of what appears to be financial mis-management - hopefully the auditors will discover by whom, but I personally have little faith that any money will be paid out if the financial controls are in Gambia.

I hope those fears based on bitter experience of business in Gambia are unfounded, but it will certainly be the exception if they are.

Replying to:

Hi everyone. Does anyone know what the situation is with Redair ? I was picking up my exports the other day in Crawley at Global house and the Redair office was closed saying all enquiries should be directed to their office in Kairaba Ave. Their office in The Gambia also turned out to be shut and looked deserted. Have they gone into liqidation ? It`s a pity if they have as I really thought that they may be in with a chance of breaking the `strangle-hold` that the main carriers seem to have. Francis do you know any thing new on this issue apart from what is on the `news` area of your site ?

Chi jaama

David