Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: weather in June

itis my experience that june is not a big problem as the rain and wether stresses are worse in july and especially august and september

she should be just fine in june!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Delyth,

I think that it will be wonderful just with a slightly different perspective!

An UMBRELLA though should be on the top of her packing list.

They say that the rain usualy comes in short, sharp bursts which I imagine would be a nice experience for her! (warm rain) It should not detract from her enjoyment of Gambia in my opinion.

I think that she should be more aware of the high temperatures 40+ (mainly humidity) and the fact that the bugs and insects will be more prevelant so pack plenty of deterrants more than normal. And maybe more lightweight cover up clothes. (ie trousers, shirts with sleeves)

Winds - well if you can cope with Porthcawl weather I do not think that will faze her very much!

Go - enjoy - wish I was there with her!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

my daughter wants to go to Gambia in June, but looking at the weather history, it seems I can expect high winds, 100% humidity, clouds and thunderstorms. It sounds a bit like Porthcawl. Is it really horrible?