Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: potatoes project

Bill- that`s sad to hear Re-The project `Fallen (sic) flat..`.
Although I never really commented on the project I was looking forward to helping some friends with a similar thing late Jan `09. I am getting so angry arriving in The Gambia and meeting up with friends who have almost got moderate/clinical scurvy + other borderline vitamin deficient disease. I was toying with the idea of introducing them to the spud thing and a local friendly bee keeper has intimated he may be interested in doing something also. Could I ask will you be in The Gambia late Jan.- Feb? 09 to ask for advice on the spud issue. Did your research come to any conclusions about the suitability for The Gambia of the project?
If you are around maybe we could have an e-mail conversation before I come out.
Best wishes
N`dank N`dank..
Dawda

Re: Re: Re: potatoes project

Hi Dawda, yes we are going out 31st Jan for a week and yes I would be happy to talk with you at anytime either Email or phone about my experiences with the spuds.
My Email is bill.chesters@virgin.net