Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: the dalasi

this is terrible news.

are the prices of things going down at all?

if not then gambia could be more expensive than europe.

it was bad enough wen mr jammeh in all his wisdom put the dalasi down to d40 from d53.

i think that if gambia wants any hope of salvaging its tourist industry they had better alter their rate accordingly.

also those who rely on money from abroad are goin to have a very hard time.

thanx for the replys so far.

pls keep them comin as i am running out of ideas as im planning on moving out there in the next month.

Re: Re: Re: the dalasi

Agree - really bad news. Makes my recent postings about the cost of a bag of rice look hopelessly optomistic. Many of us who either fund students idividually or run small charities are going to have a very hard time 'keeping up the good work'.

Re: the dalasi

Came home on 30th Jan, during our second week in Banjul the Delasi dropped again...we only got 31 D to the pound...at the Atlantic Hotel...and 34 D to the pound from a bar.