Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wish I wasn't going

On Friday I am off on an umpteenth holiday to The Gambia. For once I am totally organised and my bags are packed already. I wanted to enjoy the next few days just looking forward to the visit. In fact I had so much time on my hands that I had a look at "The Bantaba in Cyberspace". Big mistake!!!! Only bad news about the Gambia, nothing positive whatsoever. Worst of all, Viking airline, the one that Gambia Experience uses now, apparently flies uncomfortable and dangerous planes. So, if I should actually get to my destination and not get hassled by some customs official and not get ripped off by all manner of people and businesses it is possible Viking airline will go bust and I will be stranded in the Gambia. Still, at least the sun will be shining.
As a matter of interest are there any readers here who have returned recently and have something positive to say? Are there still any readers here at all?????

Re: wish I wasn't going

hi RS how i so wish i was so unlucky to be going on friday i have to wait until christmas,cant wait for it to come round.I dont know what has happened to all the people off here but has gone so quiet,a shame realy.I do know of a few now posting on trip advisor it always seems to have someone on there with things to say about The Gambia,just wish we could get more on here.Anyway RS i hope you have a brilliant holiday and please let us have a holiday report when you return. All the best.

Just go and enjoy yourself and tell us all about it. i can't travel at the moment so I don't have much to say but I do read when there is something to read!

Wish you a pleasant time though. I wish I could join you, but it has become difficult and expensive from here.
I can tell lots of stories travelling with airlines who collapse while I was in The Gambia. But I always found my way back. So good luck to you!

How do you manage that? All I ever get on that site is that there are no topics available