Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gambia protest in London

I think it is more due to lack of money. Jammeh is there since 15 years, and still people travelled. But now, speaking personally, simply I haven't got the money. The prices for trips increased terribly, at least starting from Germany. And since 6 years I had no update of salary. I'm working fulltime, but it becomes harder and harder to live on that.

Do you feel the crisis also? What about the consequences in The Gambia? Anyone who can tell?

The prices of flights have increased a great deal and there do not seem to be the bargains there used to be.Other places do not seem to have increased so much. We have the credit crunch and recession here too. I know people travelled when Jammeh was there for the last 15 years but we seem to hear more about the things he is doing and the claims he is making now.

Credit crunch, swine flu, high fares - none of them help. As a pensioner trying to run a small charity on a diminishing income I find it very upsetting. I keep an eye on the so-called 'bargain' flights and holidays but in fact they are very rarely available.
And the weather's getting me down!