Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GTS and GETSuk ARE both very much Alive & Active

To all of those who use the GTS Banta Ba forum and the GTS and GETSuk web sites - I would like to say that we are very much alive and working hard at all the projects we run in Gambia.

The Members Accommodation & Facilities for Members in Kololi has taken us almost 5 years to complete since we started in 2004, but will be employing staff from November 09 for training and our full opening will be on 1st January 2010.

So come and stay with us - singles from £55 a week, doubles from £90. We will have our own very individual restaurant at Kololi at VERY competetive prices for residents and visiting members.

Last year we fitted broadband into the GTS office at the Bar & Restaurant in Senegambia and a volunteer set up Wifi for us, which was very popular with many of our visitors. We will have Wifi at GTS Kololi this autumn and at that point I will start a NEW GTS site, but keeping the old pages for anyone who wants to see the history.

The GTS site was started and developed at a time when I had far more time and far fewer committments and was able to spend several hours every day developing the website. The GETS charity's Hon. UK treasurer very kindly took over the www.GETSuk.org site almost two years ago and is keeping that wonderfully up to date.

The last year has been truly terrible for all charities and GETS has suffered from falling numbers of tourists to Gambia - who form our base membership and sponsor group and the massive drop in the exchange rate from D53 in the £ to a low of D30 was our greatest test of sustainabliity so far.

Both GTS and GETS are weathering the current economic climate but as a poster I recently saw said

"Due to the current economic climate we can no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel, so previously FREE advice and help will now be chargable"

We are still providing a service to paid up members, so if you have enjoyed the GTS site and Banta Ba please do consider joining or re-joining GTS and especially if you visit Gambia - consider using the member facilitiers that we now offer.

Francis