Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not going to Combo

Francis, I have eaten at GTS many times (in fact we recommend your establishment in our latest GOES newsletter) and I would happily stay at your hostel BUT the cost of getting to The Gambia rules out the possibility of us travelling there. You mention low cost flights but I can't find them. Manchester suffers from Winter only flights anyway, but I used to travel to The Gambia three times a year until recently. (Zero visits this year). The holiday companies have priced it out of my range (and I often stayed in the villages, not at hotels.)

and how much is it for people who are no members?

From Germany there are no direct flight, and travellinf via UK means 2 nights in expensive hotels in London. I really can't afford that. So also I won't be going.

Very sad indeed!

Hi there ME

I'm sorry about that as well.

Just to add gloom to the already darkening skies - I heard that some of the tour operators had push an all inclusive deal through for a number of the hotels for this coming season.

But on a BRIGHTER note when I was leaving Gambia they were installing street lights up the GTS Bar and Restaurant road, so hopefully that will help visitors to come to the restaurant.

Thanks for your comments and hopefully the tide will soon turn.

Have you tried Thomas Cook ? I understand they are offering flight again between £120 and £200.

Thanks for being so kind about GTS