Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is surgery possible in The Gambia?

Hi
I think I may be the person Francis is referring to.
I had my appendix out in the Gambia and was happy with my treatment, but this was a while ago. I have just returned from a 7 week elective placement, based at one clinic and visiting several others. Unfortunately it was midwifery based so I am unable to rate any of the clinics. What I would suggest is that you go and talk to Dr Malik Njie at his surgery in Cape Point/Bakau (just round the corner from the craft market). He is a very good Dr and will be able to advise you on the best person for the job in the country or if it can be done there.
sorry I can't be more help
Pamela

Pamela, many thanks for your advice. I hope your recovery is complete. I really need to get out to The Gambia - it's so difficult trying to run things from a distance of 3000 miles!
Best wishes,
Tom.

Francis, many thanks for your interest. The patient is a 17 years old boy who has developed osteomyelitis after an abortive attempt to set a broken leg a few years ago.