Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ALIENS PASS & RESIDENT PERMIT - Banta ba re awakening

Hi Lil

Sorry you doubt that you'll be back, but I know it just wears some people down - as you know I say the problem is not knowing who is GENUINE and who just wants what they can get out of you. Sadly, it seems to have become part of the culture, getting something for nothing by telling the most outrageous fibs to enhance their cause.

Gambians returning from abroad are even more at prey than foreigners and their families work on Guilt, Religion, anything to get funds - and they generally succeed.

After 12 years, I still love the place, despite all the disappointing people I have met, who I thought were genuine but turned out to be just small minded little crooks with no interest in their country, their families or their futures.

The only way forward that I can see is through education - which as you know is why GTS and GETS are here.

Every little step forwards helps - thanks for your comments and fingers crossed that you visit again.

Francis

Re: ALIENS PASS & RESIDENT PERMIT - Banta ba re awakening

I have to agree with you, Francis. There can be very disappointing let-downs from people who you really believe are genuine but have merely been grooming you for the scam. However, this is not confined to West Africa; just read the British newspapers! I've made about twenty visits to The Gambia and I'll be there again before Christmas because most people are genuine, because I can help a little and because I have a jolly good time (mostly) when I am there!