Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
june holiday

hi i have spotted a holiday to the gambia in june, would it be wise to take a holiday in gambia at this time of year,thanks.

Re: june holiday

I did it once, and it is definately not my favourite season. Too hot and dump. Within a short time many streets were plashy, and I could not pass with my car.

What ME means is hot and humid. I have been in June and the heat didn't bother me. It is incredibly quiet and no tourists but that can be quite nice. I have just returned from TG. Used to go there about three or four times every year for the last ten years. However, I have slowly fallen out of love with the country. It has lost it's magic for me because I have seen through the people and recognised things that I just didn't see about 5 years ago. However, it is still a safe place to go to, the beaches are very empty and it's a lot cheaper than Europe. The bumsters and sellers at the beach have just been cleared off the beach and streets by the military, which is a shame as far as I am concerned. Still, give it a couple of months and they will be back I expect, as always. I expect I'll go back as well but once a year should suffice.

thanks RS for the correction. I wanted to write damp, but humid is definately the correct word ;-)

I've been a few times during the rainy season - which is just that. The humidity is high - take a shower, dry, and you're dripping wet again in minutes. Delicate electronic gadgets dislike the humidity too! But, against all that it's a wonderful time to see a beautiful green country. Travel can be a problem and some of the roads are impassable. You learn about the conditions the locals have to endure every year. I'm planning to be there again this year!

It is now June here (I live here), and it rained hard so far this month 3 times...Humid it is, hot it is, but it does not rain all the time and otherwise it is yet another hot month in Paradise....Come and enjoy the weather....