Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: stay in europa

Your 'woman' is right. You MUST go back to The Gambia and get a new visa.
If you do, then you will be 'more than' welcome the return to Europe. The last thing Europe needs is more illegal immigrants.
I say this for your benefit as once employers know you are working and staying illegally you will be open to exploitation (low wages etc) so please do yourself a big favour go back home and get a new visa.
As I say you will then be made 'more than' welcome when you return, and not treated as a criminal which will happen if you try to hide in Europe.

Ian is right. You have to either prolong your visa or go back. Otherwise you will have a big problem sooner or later. And once they detect and deport yo, it will be very difficult to come back to Europe, whether Netherlands or elsewhere.

sorry but there are loads of illegal gambians here,
our goverment dont do anything really
so thats why they stay

seems to depend on where you live. And how you want to live: Without health insurance, without legal access to appartments, without legal work, exploited because people know you can't demand fair salaries when you are illegal.

I live in Germany and here the laws seem to be more strict.

Any one regardless of what country they originally came from who stays on in a country after there vice expires is not only a disgrace to there country but are behaving in a selfish manner to there fellow country men.
I have tried several times to get a visitors visa for my Gambian friends (I have even been to the British Consoled with them) but each time they have been refused on the grounds that my friends may not return to The Gambia.
Perhaps it is hard for the authorities to track over stayers down this does not mean they don’t know that people are staying hear illegally.
As has been pointed out by others over stayers will be open to exploitation from employers, have trouble with housing, healthcare etc. That is unless you have been ‘lucky enough’ to con some unsuspecting tourist out of there life savings to giving you money to stay. All this is the over stayers problem but as I have already said what infuriates me most about these selfish, illegal immigrants is the knock on affect it has on in this case Gambians. Every where you go you see Gambian raster men great each other with the words ‘respect man‘. Well don’t just say ‘respect’, live respect by doing the right thing and not over staying your visa.