Return to Website

The GTS BantaBar

The Banatabar is for you to ask questions or make comments about Gambia. Others can read your contributions and reply or leave their own ideas

If you have some great Gambia photos please resize them to around 100K and upload them to our on line Picture Album available from the BantaBar menu page

The GTS BantaBar
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: visa = aparthied

So why not go and settle over there, surely if it is about separation that would be the obvious solution. The British Immigration take all things into account when deciding who can have a visa, it is not about being victimised for where you live , more about proving you will be an asset to our country and unfortunately most previous Gambians be it male or female have proven they are here on false pretences and that my friend is why the very few genuine cases lose out. If you are in love then go and settle in Gambia, after all it is her home country so why not make a life there. As for the 5 grand where does that come from unless it is the ongoing cost you would have to provide to her extended family now she has a British husband

Refused Visa's are often refused because the applications are insufficiently researched and poorly executed. The visa officers have very little time to spend on each application, so unless it is clear, answers and demonstrates the validity of the answers (which is often not easy) - then the answer will be NO, which in your situation Sam can be heart breaking, but it is nothing other than the following of rules to the letter.

It's an expensive business, but get your paper work together with proof to substantiate it and apply again and if necessary again - are you after a visitor visa or a settlement visa - settlement is harder and much more expensive.

Good luck

well 4 ur information mr high commission..i have lived with my family for more than 2 years so i can sufficiantly say that ive had the gambian experience.

basically i want out of the gambia as to stay for a short time its a lovely place..but to settle in its a corrupt minefield set to screw any unsuspecting person out of anything they may have.

as for her family..they have done nothing but help..
they r self sufficiant n dont need my money..i stayed at their home for over a month after my wife delivered our son n probably didnt spend more than d500 in the entire month.

i want my family out of there to join me in my country so that they 2 can experience wat its like to like in a country free of corruption and back-handers..where justice is for the rich and the poor r left to die