Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2012 Cadets show

Billy B, it's not often (in fact never) that I hear a drum corps show called "elegant," but, by God, you are so right! The Cadets Christmas show is truly elegant! I only wish that I had beaten you to the choice of this word. Darn it! ha ha ha ... I really enjoy listening to the CD of their "12.25" program... it's a thing of beauty. Thanks, Bill. Bill

Ha! In the 'old days' of drum corps, if your corps program was called 'elegant', you'd be laughed at!

Rather than elegant, then, what adjectives and adverbs would not be laughed at, Dave? Which ones would a corps like to be called?

With my simplistic mind....maybe I should have posted Entertaing, Elegant AND Understandable.

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? Cadets 61-62 Imperials 63-67

Larry,

As of this morning, the Giants and A's are both 2-2. We'll see what happens today. Having been through this before, it is really something special when both teams from the same metro area play in the World Series. A lot different than dealing with the Cubs and Sox.

Larry,

I also find that the west coast baseball teams and football teams don't get the national play I see for Boston, New York, Washington and Chicago. The A's are a real story--bunch of kids with low salaries. Rookie pitchers and no big time closer.

well, I certainly have NO interest in professional baseball ... overpaid and underworked stars. I, personally, much prefer college baseball.

But, about 'elegant': that is interesting. Never would have thought to use that word as a descriptor for a drum corps show. But, it can be appropriate ...
think back to earlier SCV shows for example.

More likely: Entertaining , enjoyable, memorable, understandable, pleasing. Also: Musical, fun,impressive, well performed, precise.

...loud, balls-to-the-wall...

We need "The Devastation" (1978 Imperials should remember that one)!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Ah yes - while I wasn't around in '78, the bloody your ears sound of The Devestaion sounds like good music (in my head)...

What did you do in the Corps? Tenor - Snare - Ass't Drum Instructor

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

OMG. Must respond to "balls to the walls!" That took me back...Springfield in particular and Tom Billadeau! Yikes!

What did you do in the Corps? Horn line-French Horn majority

What years were you a Corps member? 1976-1980