General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Bands - No PA systems!!

Thank for your comment Sir,
Yes it does come to cost, but I can’t believe rooms and food should come to play on the customer’s expense. There are Hotels rooms with kings size beds and can room 4 people comfortably at an affordable price and how much does it cost to eat? As far as emergencies, that itself should not be put on the customer. If you are implying that it’s added to the contract.
You say the list goes on. Wouldn’t mind to see the list to see what’s put on to the customer, but it is a business to the artist and they need to pay their musicians, but from the price they are charging additional charges in my opinion shouldn’t be added.
As for PA system, yes the artist needs to sound their best but 15k/18k that should be more than enough to use their system.
Tejano fans go to dances to see Tejano artist/bands because they are in the area. We might not pack the ballrooms but we go to support that’s in town and to compare Califa’s to small West Texas Town’s, there’s no comparison with Califa’s population.
In another note, Tejano is not in demand as Norteno that’s why they play for the amount they ask for and if you notice the demand for Norteno in the basin is high. As for English artist as you mentioned. Well, the fan population is higher than Tejano, its nation and international and it has to do with the age population not just because the young population is of Hispanic means they listen to Tejano, They listen to Hip Hop more than Tejano. I’ve also noticed young Hispanic adults are adapting to Norteno as well because it’s what is playing on the radio or that’s what’s in. I guess they haven’t discovered internet radio, but they sure discovered do Face Book…ha ha (a joke).
Tejano Artist isn’t any different as you mentioned, but the population is not there like the English top artist.
What I’m trying to say after I vented my opinion ha ha, is that no matter if you’re the older professional musician, The demand for those artists, our young generation is not there, but for the new young artist that are coming out they will be the ones to turn the table around and it’s not just up to them it’s has to do with radio playing and of course playing Tejano music in homes and family gathering in the back yard. Play it loud so the young generation can listen to what is out there and what is their culture as a Tejano. You have them listening to Tejano and then you’ll see the Supply and Demand.
Thanks for your post.
I know the topic was simple, but you did throw out a curve and well like I said. It’s a good topic.
More to come….lol
Thanks TV for the post page.