Return to Website

Fremont Ross Class of 1985

Fremont Ross Class of 1985
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: It's that time of the year again.

Sorry Bill. I saw the score and got depressed and forgot to post the game.

But woo!hoo! We wooped Sandusky!!!

Few matchups have magnitude of Ross-Sandusky

Few matchups have magnitude of Ross-Sandusky
By KEVIN YANIK
Sports Writer

SANDUSKY -- Benedictine. Findlay. Napoleon.

Those Fremont Ross games were big. Just not as big as tonight's Week 10 game at Sandusky, the 102nd meeting between the two teams.

"This is a big game," sophomore quarterback Cody Foos said. "But this is an even bigger game because we're still playing for a [Greater Buckeye Conference] title and playoffs. You don't want to lose to Sandusky."

No, you don't. Not Ross (6-3 overall, 3-1 GBC). Not with a share of the GBC still out there, assuming league-leading Napoleon loses to Findlay. The Trojans won't just be playing for the Little Giants, though. If Napoleon loses and Ross wins, the Wildcats, Little Giants and Findlay will all share the GBC title, each with one loss in the conference.
The Little Giants can't necessarily count on a Wildcats loss. They can, however, control their own business and force the issue with a victory of their

own over the Blue Streaks (4-5, 2-2).

"To be honest with you," Little Giants coach Derek Kidwell said, "Sandusky could very easily be 6-3 right now. They were 21-20 with Napoleon in the third quarter, and they went overtime with Findlay."

The Blue Streaks certainly won't roll over, especially their seniors who could end their careers with a loss to the Little Giants -- potentially their third straight. But Fremont's seniors could end their careers just as tragically -- and without a share of the GBC title --so both teams should be as amped up

as they've been all season.

"It's a must-win," Kidwell said. "We hope it's not our seniors' last game, but it's possible it is. We want to send them out on the winning note. As a senior, you don't ever want your last game to be a loss. That's something you'll remember the rest of your life.

"Hopefully, we'll go over there and execute our game plan and have a chance to win that game."

The Blue Streaks have been great offensively, Kidwell said. Their problem has been defensive.

"They haven't been able to stop teams when they needed," he said.

The Blue Streaks are hardly a shabby opponent for the Little Giants, though.

"They're having a little bit better season than they've had," Foos said. "They have a chance to go .500 for the first time in a couple seasons."

The Little Giants would love nothing more than to hand the Blue Streaks another losing season.

"We're definitely over the Napoleon game right now," Foos said. "We're looking forward to Sandusky. This is one of our oldest and biggest rivals. We still have a chance to get a share of the GBC, and we still have a chance to get in the playoffs as long as we take care of business against Sandusky."

Re: Few matchups have magnitude of Ross-Sandusky

I've not been able to find any info online about Fremont's post season play. Can anyone let me know what happened?

Re: Re: Few matchups have magnitude of Ross-Sandusky

I had to go here http://p067.ezboard.com/fthefremontrossforumfrm1
to find any info. I'm sorry I forgot to post anything...I was went on vacation and forgot when I got home.

Ross did not make the playoff.