Fremont Ross Class of 1985

Fremont Ross Class of 1985
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Sad news

Karol,

This is the tribute written up in The News-Messenger about Mr. Miller... http://www.thenews-messenger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080314/NEWS01/803140303/1002

It mentions the socks. Apparently it's something he'd been doing for a long time. When I wrote a note to the family I mentioned the socks.

I'm thinking you were in my math class...3rd period wasn't it?

Re: Re: Re: Sad news

Shelly,

I think it was 3rd period. I remember that he made Math really fun for me even though it was and still is a subject I hated. Your mention of his passing made me think back to Riley School. That had to have been one of the best times in my life.I remember the cows would come up to the electric fence during lunch begging for a treat or a scratch behind the ear. When I was back in Ohio about 7-10 years ago, I drove past. It's sad to think our class was one of the last classes there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sad news

The worst thing about Riley was the bus ride. I had, I think a 45 minute ride Lindsey to Ross(all the pick ups)...then the ride to Riley. Wow I had a long commute way back then...

You made me remember, I have a handful of pictures in a photo album from last day of school, I think, at Riley. It's a faculty student softball game. And I have names written on the back...good thing because I wasn't sure who everyone was. I will scan them in and post them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sad news

I have a few too. Rather grainy though. One I know I have is Mr. Howell running the obstacle course . To this day I still remember the name of the "Father of Ohio"...ok, are you ready... RUFAS PUTNAM!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sad news

OMG..I still do the Rufus Putnam thing...I loved Ohio History class. I remember Mr. Jeorge telling us he believed in aliens "because you never know...one of you could be an alien". Or how about when Mr. Jeorge said he went to a fair or something over the weekend and brought us something back. He brought out a box that looked like a pizza box..inside a giant rubber cow patty.

Mr. Jeorge and Mr. Howell and their rubber pranks...rubber vomit they used in the lunch room.