Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Top 5 Albums of the year
My top 5..... 1.Birmingham, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel. A fantastic recording and souvenir of a brilliant night.And there's more to come.... 2.Spirits Of The Western Sky,Justin Hayward. A rare solo release from the Moody Blues singer.Brilliant vocals with s...
Views: 220   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 20, 2013 2:37pm
by PeterJH
Lockerbie
There is a documentary on ITV tonight at 11 pm. I am not sure if Paul Jeffreys will get a mention. Mike
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2013 3:42pm
by Mike Johnston
Updating the 70's
Right my next project is to update all the 70's pages, which are mostly ten years old. I can't bear to look at them, so any improvement is better than none! My first attempt in this section are the Liverpool Empire Photos and pages from 1976. The 70's pages are now...
Views: 153   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 12, 2013 11:19pm
by Graeme
1st five albums
Original Album Series [Box set] released 13th of January 2014 containing the 1st five Cockney Rebel/Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel albums on cd (no bonus tracks) in replica card sleeves. Unless you don't have them already, it's hardly an essential purchase. htt...
Views: 218   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 12, 2013 11:15pm
by Graeme
w
wout
Greatest show
It looks like harley & band are in the form of their life! Judging by earlier reports here, expectations were high and frankly he blew them out of the water. For me this was the best show I have seen of the current line up. Funny thing is that when I said that (Red...
Views: 226   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2013 5:29pm
by wout
Sunday Link
For those who haven't seen it a link is on the official facebook page for Sunday. Surely this should be on the man's main site?
Views: 148   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 11:11pm
by watcher
h
Heath
Brighton
Did anyone see the Titanic sail into the old place last night?
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2013 12:27pm
by Heath
be bop deluxe
Have a look at the cherry red records website.theres a great 55 min interview with bill nelson where early on he talks about touring with cockney rebel and the events that lead to paul and milton joining be bop.
Views: 161   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2013 9:57pm
by Graeme
Amazing
Sometimes when all is wrong, there is still a little right. A fantastic night had in Bilston. A great setlist, and another magical performance. Mr Harley has some fantastic fans, some real special people. It was a pleasure sharing this night with you all, each and ev...
Views: 268   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 8:12pm
by john and roxy
bilston concert november 2 2013
thanks steve harley and cockney rebel. fantastic gig .. loved every minute of it... words just cant do it justice.. love you steve and the boys...
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 6:13pm
by PeterJH
g
Graeme
A Bleak Winter
For all those who unjustly accuse me of being a moaner, you'll be happy to know that on my arrival at the Robin 2 Hotel the reception said "You're in rm 7,a double room in the name of Mr Bleak".
Views: 153   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 3, 2013 9:22pm
by john and roxy
s
sean
dvd quality
Has anyone else had problems with the dvd? My first dvd stuck on track 7 on both discs? Sent it back to amazon and received a replacement which also stalls on track 7 on the first disc and the second disc wont play at all, to say im disappointed is an understatement
Views: 164   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2013 7:21pm
by Loretta Tale
For Sale At Bilston
17 different compilation/best of's/live official CD's. Find me if your interested :-) Too late to list them all.
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2013 9:35am
by Loretta Tale
Birmingham DVD disappointment
Musically the whole package is a joy. The orchestra and choir, Steve Norman on sax,the general musicianship from all involved. I can't help but feel that Steve Harley let the side down somewhat. Not on all of the songs, but on quite a few of them. Firstly let me say...
Views: 251   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 1, 2013 12:42pm
by Phil Baker
RIP Lou Reed
I've just awoken to the news that rock icon Lou Reed has passed away at the age of 71. Having been a long time admirer of his musical career, it comes as quite a shock. Some people you think are indestructible. Obviously we are not. I would like to thank him for s...
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 11:11pm
by Deborah
So this is what it's come to?
Excuse me, I know this board doesn't always quite see as many postings as it once did, but for crying out loud it was my Birthday on Sunday and not one of you #&$£*@& have said Happy Birthday. Not only that but it was my 50th as well which makes it even worse!...
Views: 235   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 11:01pm
by Deborah
the lost years
now I'm back in here on my lap top ! ( explanation feeble but true ) see Kev's belated birthday wish. I'm now wading through tons of stuff on here forgive me if I'm a little quite there's a lot to catch up on besides I cant stop watching that DVD its asto...
Views: 148   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 10:58pm
by Deborah
All Updated.
I will never do that again, ever. What am I on about? Updating all those photo pages I created. I'm now satiisfied that I don't need to cringe (too much) at some of those awful pages. It's a shame I've lost all my original digital photos, due to hardrive (and back...
Views: 137   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 10:46pm
by Deborah
w
wout
al stewart elliott
Courtesy of Ann I went to see Al Stewart do his YEAR OF THE CAT show in the Royal Albert hall this week. And our very own Stuart Elliott was on drums! A great pleasure to see the big man. He was introduced as founding member of Cockney Rebel (the cheer that got makes...
Views: 155   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 10:37pm
by Deborah
Birmingham in your front room
My Birmingham cd arrived this morning. Played it twice through already. It's awesome! It's all I wanted and more. Not impressed with the new 'favoured' industry packaging, that scratches cd's as you take them in and out (that is a minor quibble). The music is of t...
Views: 179   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 4:02am
by Deborah
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet