3 Para Palestine 1945-1948

Please leave a message if you wish to contact a member of 3 Para . Did you find this website interesting and informative ?  

Your comments and/or suggestions will be appreciated ! 

3 Para Palestine 1945-1948
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
RSM James ‘Paddy’ Caughey
My late grandfather James “Paddy’ Caughey, was the RSM 3rd Batt in Palestine. Would love to hear from anyone who knew anything about him or has any photos of him. Many thanks in advance. Ian
Views: 2   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2024 6:30pm
by Ian Caughey
My grandad Robert (Jock) Brown served in 3 Para in Palestine.
Is anyone still active on here? My grandad passed away about 7 years ago aged 89. I wish I'd found this site before. I have his wings, blazer with para badge and some old photographs from Palestine but I would love to get his service record.
Views: 29   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2024 1:40pm
by Fraser Hammond
My Father info
Anyone who may remember my father William Thompsom from Walthamstow UK, who served with the Red Beret Paratroopers unit in Palestine circa 1945-1947
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2023 6:38am
by Caroline Smith
Billy's War
I have been writing a historic novel based on the stories my Dad (Bill Atherton) told me of his time in the British Army from 1942 to 46. He was involved in the invasion of Europe and then posted to Palestine. Feedback on my initial drafts from Lancaster University,...
Views: 62   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2023 7:43pm
by Vincent Atherton
Passing of a Para
With sadness I inform that Malcolm S. Roe 19110135 Pte passed away in early October aged 91. Amongst his treasured items I found his Palestine Service Medal and Para Cap badg & uniform wings. His medal is inscribed with A.A.C. (Army Air Corp)I am struggling to find a...
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2019 10:46am
by Nicholas Roe
My father.
I’m trying to find photo’s of my father John Lomax known as ‘Jack’. His service number was 14050584 and I think that he was in Palestine in 1947. Any record of him would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2019 11:02pm
by Shaun Lomax
WW2
I have been told by an elderly aunt that my late father, Arthur Foster originally from Bramley-Yorkshire, Wortley, nr Leeds and after WW2 lived in Burton upon Trent, served in the army as a police officer in Egypt. Being ex Army myself I immediately thought RAMC (Re...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2019 8:10pm
by Ian Foster
Does anyone remember Capt JPR Philip Hattrell of 3 Para?
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone, who may remember my late father Capt JPR Philip Hattrell of 3 Para attached from the Suffolk Regt, who was killed in Haifa March 1947.
Views: 393   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 8, 2018 8:52pm
by Paul Wright
d
D Rowe
Palestine and WW2 - Captain Rowe
Hello My late father in law, Captain Granville (‘Dickie’) Rowe MM served in Palestine and throughout WW2. My husband has many photographs of his father and of Palestine. Does anyone remember him? Many thanks
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2018 9:00pm
by D Rowe
Mr Alfred George wicks
My dad Alfred George wicks served out in Palestine with 3rd Paratroop regiment. He has just turn 92 years old. He is in good health. And lives in Essex. And we are so proud of him
Views: 400   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 1, 2018 2:15pm
by Yigal-Yosef Pome...
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum!
Welcome to your Bravenet Forum! Please feel free to customize your Forum by changing colors, fonts and images. You can also delete messages from your Forum. This can all be done from the Members Area at Bravenet.com. If you have any quest...
Views: 1277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2018 2:10pm
by Yigal-Yosef Pome...
None
I'm making a documentary film on the period 1940-1948 . I need veterans who served in the police,,military or mandate who remember well and can be interviewed on that period in Palestine My contact info: yigalpom@yahoo.com Thank You!
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2018 10:56am
by Yigal-Yosef Pome...
f
Fee
Uk servicemen in Palestine during 1945-48
Hi there, I'm carrying out some research which looks at the experience's of British (police/army)personnel serving in the Palestinian between 1945-1948. I would like to make contact with any servicemen who were in Palestine and can depict what it was like to serv...
Views: 535   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2016 10:53am
by Fee
looking for anyone who served or knew Norman in palestine
Norman from Walsall sadly passed away on 9-11-2016 aged 89. After a lot of spells in hospital over the last few years he sadly succumbed to bronchial problems. Sadly missed and he would have loved to have been at Eden camp today 15-10-2016. We attended and felt hono...
Views: 383   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2016 6:22pm
by Robert Timmins
Palestine 1945 until unknown
Please is there anyone who knew my father and uncle who served in Palestine unfortunately both have died. We are trying to put together information about them. The only information I have is that Henry was often a pall bearer because he was tall. Kind regards Debra.
Views: 386   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 13, 2016 8:50am
by G Collier
Searching for any info on my grandfather Thomas Moses Williams
Hello i.m looking for any type of information on my grandad Mr Thomas Moses Williams. His date birth is 29.11.26. I have a few pictures but not sure how to post them. One of them has on the back- Palestine. 27.4.46 and underneath that it says "JAFFA" My grandad was m...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2015 9:44pm
by Thomas Robert Wi...
my Dads (Gordon Harrison) service
My Dad did his national service in Palestine, being in the RASC and being assigned to the 17th Field Ambulance. I am going to write a story on British forces in Palestine, and anyone who can give me info would be greatly appreciated. My dad, Gordon, was from Derby.
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 2:21am
by Andy Harrison
Private William Atherton RASC
My dad was in Palestine from August 1945 to late 1946 when he was demobbed. He was a driver/mechanic in the RASC and drove a truck on a regular route between Jerusalem and Ismailia. He was a tiny man from south Lancashire. He was very reluctant to tell me much a...
Views: 421   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 2:25am
by Andy Harrison
Ken (Taff) Gilson his great grandson want to know what he was like.
Hi I am looking up my granddad's past life as he never really talked about it when he was alive, I want to honor him in so many ways but I believe this would be a fitting tribute. All I know is that he was in 3 para, served in Palestine were he married my Nan, in...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2015 11:34am
by Shane Gilson
My grandad k scurr
My grandfather. Mr Kenneth scurr was in 6th ab I have a cig case from Palestine 1947 from a pow ?? Thanks christian
Views: 412   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 1, 2015 1:55pm
by Christian
Cecil G. Gill
I am looking for anyone that remembers anything about my grandfather Cecil G. Gill. Since his passing in October 2008 I am trying to get to know more about what he did not generally speak of, his time spent in Palestine with his unit.
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 27, 2015 9:39am
by Tyler Gill
Boro Soldiers in Palestine
Hello My name is Dick Armstrong, I am currently working here in Israel, I am interested to learn more about two young paras from Middlesbrough who served and died here in what was then Palestine, during the Palestine mandate 1945-1948. The names of the paras (i...
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2014 12:28pm
by Dick Armstrong
Reginald Pearson
Does anyone have information regarding Reginald Pearson who was in this regiment and served in Palestine for at least 1945. Any information or photos would be most welcome as I'm undertaking research into my grandfather and his time in this regiment. Thanks Dan
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2014 10:57pm
by Dan Pearson
Experiences in Palestine
Hello all, I am writing a fictional novel set in Palestine in the spring of 1948. I'd be particular interested in hearing from anyone who served in Palestine around this time with specfic reference to the following events. 1) Illegal Jewish immigration 2) Fi...
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2014 5:40pm
by Jonathan Addison
commemorative plates
Hi Bill hope you are well. Mum has been sorting thru my dads things and has decided now is the time to part with most of his para memorabilia including his commemorative para plates , they are all in perfect condition as he really treasured them. I wondered if you...
Views: 1473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2014 11:58pm
by Helen Watson
Anyone know Frank (Patrick Scallan)
I'm doing some family history and would love to hear from anyone that knew him Thanks Matt
Views: 434   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 1:52am
by Matt scallan
Jimmy (James) Hewson
Does anyone have any information on my late dad, Jimmy Hewson from Oldham he was a Sergeant who served with the 3rd Brigade in Geneifa, Palestine in 1945. Before this he was a part of the 9th Parachute Battallion who took part in the assault on the Merville Gun Batt...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2013 2:01pm
by Brian Hewson
Stanley Bent
Does anyone remember my dad Stan Bent
Views: 460   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2013 6:59pm
by Dawn bent
J C Webb - 6481544
Hi, I am trying to track J C Webb - 6481544. He may be the same Jimmy Webb who lived in Brighton in the early '60s and was involved with the live music scene. Please make contact if you have any information about his whereabouts - or even to confirm that this J C...
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2013 1:42am
by Joss Martin
Anyone know Raymond John Brown ( Jack )
Do you have any information on Raymond John Brown ( Jack ). We understand he served in Palastine.
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2013 3:29pm
by John McArdle
Do you know Wallace R.M 2046996 ?
Among my father things I have found a silver disk, an 1" by diameter. Engraved the following: " 2046996 SGT WALLCE R.M PRES. " It could be from 1940-1947, Palestine. I will appreciate any info, help, hint or link. thanks Giora Bilu
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2013 4:47pm
by Giora Bilu
I am trying to obtain a copy of my dad's service history or have news from anyone who genuinely kne
I am trying to obtain a copy of my dad's army/parachute regiment service. He was in Palestine when the King David Hotel was destroyed. Would love to hear from anyone who was out there in that conflict and genuinely knew my dad. His name is Clive Burton and I under...
Views: 606   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2013 12:56pm
by Helen Burton
Info on my dad
Hi all, My dad John Edward Day was apparently serving in the middle East in 1946-47. His sister told me that he was in Palestine but that he never talked about it. I remember him telling me how he had trained as a parachutist and I know after the service he was in th...
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2013 2:14am
by Ken Day
Harold (Bob) Robinson
Hi, shot in the dark but would anyone remember a Harold Robinson, also went by the name of Bob Robinson, I believe he also participated towards the end of the war. Would have been fairly recognisable as a rather dark skinned man as our descendents came from India and...
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2013 8:03pm
by Michael Robinson
c/sgt harries 3rd para brigade
hello, i wonder if any member can help, i recently read in the book "the day the devil dropped in" a mention of csm jack harries 9th para bn. does anyone know if this could in fact be 878171 c/sgt o harries who served with 3rd para brigade in palestine?although the f...
Views: 441   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2013 1:27pm
by david mccarthy
Blackpool cenotaph Wreath laying.
Hello, We are rededicating three new names onto the Cenotaph at the end of armed forces week, Cpt. Dukes is one of them. We were hoping to find a representative for wreath laying from 3 Para available as he was attached to them at the time of his death. If anyb...
Views: 416   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2013 4:00pm
by Cllr C. Ryan
s
Simon
Ted Midani
Edward "Ted" Midani died in October 2012 and a memorial address is being prepared for a masonic lodge of which he was a member. Ted joined A company 3rd Battalion in 1945 and went to Palestine but we think that he was serving prior to that. He was Manchester PRA b...
Views: 514   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 24, 2013 3:22pm
by Alan Mead
My Dad, Robert 'Bob' Harrap
Does anyone remember my dad Bob Harrap? He was in Palestine 1947-48. I have photos of him and his mates, Ted and Les Bolton,Harry Walden and Ron Markwick. Unfortunately my dad died in 1997 and I wish I could remember all he told me about his time out there. It would...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2013 2:41pm
by Amanda Harrap
Charles Carter of Aston under Lyne
I am hoping to find anyone who knew Private Charles Carter (my late uncle) who served with The Parachute Regiment in Palestine. I believe he may have been a company signaller at one time. I was told that he was captured by Jewish terrorists along with an officer a...
Views: 505   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 8:32pm
by Paul Wright
Does anyone know my dad Billy Eckersalll who served in Palastine
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone remembers my dad Billy Eckersall (William Eckersall) from Manchester who served in Palastine Hes was 83 years old this year - he does not use a computer but if anyone remembers him and would like to me to pass on any contact detail...
Views: 432   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2012 7:17pm
by Susan Morgan
turner phil
hope somebody can help me,ime trying to find any family member of the late phil turner.i think he served with 3para in palastine.i only came to know this real gentleman in 1962/3 in haig lines crookham where i moved to at 6years old as my dad was in 1para there i met...
Views: 438   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2012 4:55pm
by joe motherway
s
Steve
2/3 Battalion Hockey team 1948
Hello Folks, Does anyone know the names of the 2/3 Para Hockey Team 1948. They won the 6 Airborne Div title that year. Also does anyone have a photo of the team. Thanks in Advance Steve
Views: 495   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2012 8:55pm
by Steve
ALFRED HOLDER
Does anyone remember a boy named Alfred Holder being in the A. Coy 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment in Palestine around 1942-45?
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2012 9:29pm
by Judith Holder
Looking for info re My Uncle who died 1939 Palestine
My Uncle, Private Arthur Haynes died in 1939, he was serving in Palestine as part of the 1st Battallion South Staffs regiment, i would love to know more about what they were doing there, what life would have been like for them, etc. Any info gladly received!
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 2:22pm
by Judith Johnson
70th anniversry
Please can someone tell me when this yrs parade is at Hardwick to commemorate 70 yrs since the grounds were first used as a training base for paras. We are Bill Gillilands family & would like to attend this yr
Views: 519   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2012 6:19pm
by Helen Watson
My Dad
My Dad is Donald Barham, he served in palestine from 1945 for 3/4 years. He tells me he was 17 battilion light infantry but cant remember if they were to become 3 para. He was on the orantes with cpl mullins. But cant remember him. well he is 85 now. was A coy and S...
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 10:12am
by David Barham "n...
In Palestine 1945-1948- Royal Artillery
My dad w at king David's hotel when it was blown up his name was Ronald barton but was known as Dick. If there is anybody whose dad may have known him please get in touch. He was from Manchester
Views: 591   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 6:49pm
by Angela sheldon
fathers photos
not heard from you for long time hope all is ok
Views: 666   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2011 8:03pm
by dave mullins
life in palastine
Hi after watching the tv drama about paras in palastine I would really like to hear from anyone who served with my Dad Bill gilliland .Bill Watts is kindly writing his memories down for me. I just want to know what you all went thru be it sad, funny, mundane or excit...
Views: 552   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2011 9:19pm
by Helen Watson
Soldiers who were involved in dealing with Jewish illigal immigrants
Today, in the former Atlit (Athlit) camp for illigal immigrants there is a museum dedicated to the Jewish clandestine immigration to the country.In the museum we have a computerized database that document the story of the period. We are very interested in stories o...
Views: 719   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2011 3:28pm
by Atlit Camp
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet